Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Google Nexus 5 just won me over - CNET Spanish

I lived with many of the best cell phones, but I could not resist the charms of the last device on Google.

Cellphone Nexus compared to 5 Many cell phones have been around, but the Nexus 5 is that won me over. Credit: Sarah Tew / CNET

analyst cellphones, my life is full of devices with the latest technology on the market. In fact, I constantly juggle four or five mobile devices at any given time, many of these are the top mobile devices that money can buy. But even after living with cellphones flagship Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Sony, is the Nexus 5 which has won my heart, at least for now.

Believe me, settling on a device in my line of work is not an easy task. We have the beautiful HTC One, or compact but incredibly advanced Motorola Moto X and even the Motorola Droid Maxx, which has a ridiculously long battery life. I have had many loves in the short term, but in the end the day, I surprised myself by leaving others to use the new Nexus.

However, I want to be clear. Choosing a cell phone is a personal decision and what makes sense for me or for you, do not necessarily have to make sense to others. However, in my mind, the new Nexus managed conquer.


The powerful HTC metal machine

I will not deny it. Last year impressed the aluminum body of the HTC One, its feels solid and polished edges that make it very elegant. I still get excited every time I pick it up and feel its curved back and slid into my palm. Still, after a while, the 141 grams (5 ounces) in weight became a real burden, and I began to crave a lighter device.

Other advantages include its powerful HTC One speaker on each side of the screen and the HTC Sense interface on Android sets. Of all the changes made to the operating system manufacturers of Google, I like the HTC – or the one with the most tolerance. That is especially true now with the recent updates allow you to turn off the annoying Blinkfeed the news center for the company presented in this device. At launch, this functionality occupied the main home screen and was impossible to remove.

‘m also a fan of Stereo One and HTC HD screen resolution 4.7 inch speakers. The screen is bright enough, offers accurate colors and has respectable viewing angles and provides an actual display area larger than the Moto X.

Moreover, the camera left me with mixed feelings. The functionalities of the camera app are fun and quirky, but I can not stand only 4 megapixel sensor and image processing heavy. And when I considered the lack of uniformity of KitKat (HTC has just brought the new version of the operating system to some versions of the phone) and Snapdraggon 600 processor that is aging, I had no choice but to end my love affair with the HTC One

HTC_One_Celular Even a year later, HTC One continues to be a great cell phone. Credit: Sarah Tew / CNET

Moto X still has some magic

Made lovingly with the main objective of providing comfort, the Motorola Moto X is the height of the HTC One in when it comes to design. The cell phone also has the distinction of being the king of Android when it comes to how compact it is a device. The device has a more pronounced curve at the back that the HTC One result is that it fits my hand like a glove and slides to fit into the tightest budgets.

Although its 4.7-inch OLED screen felt a bit tight compared to other devices, it is really big, given the small structure Moto X. And although its resolution is not as crisp as I would like, the colors on the OLED screen Moto X are vibrant, saturated and painted on a canvas with deep blacks.

However, the most attractive of Moto X is efficient software that can also do some tricks. My two favorite things in the Moto X are the Active Display and Quick Capture. The first turns the entire screen into a huge area of ??notifications, while the other opens the camera with just a little twist your wrist.

Honestly the Moto X would be my next choice after the Nexus 5 -’m particularly tempted by the unlocked GSM model that has 32GB of storage and is priced at U.S. $ 379 – but two things dampened my fervor: the platform X8 processing makes it less powerful than the 800 Snapdragon Nexus 5, and I fear that Motorola devices will not receive updates as frequently to start joining Lenovo. Moto X so sorry, but you’re not the one.

Motorola_X_Commparacion The Moto X is compact, full of features and it feels great in the hand. Credit: Sarah Tew / CNET


live the Droid Maxx

Extremely thin and topped with a futuristic coat scratch resistant Kevlar, the Droid Maxx has its charms. I appreciate how the back of the device is soft when touched, but it offers a good grip and repels fat fingers.

Like the Moto X, Motorola has chosen to install a 5-inch low resolution on the Droid Maxx, which is not as sharp as the Full HD screens competition. However, thanks to the AMOLED technology, Maxx offers a showcase of highly saturated colors, high contrast and wide viewing angle.

But this is opaque to know the main selling point of the Droid Max: its long battery life. In fact, 3,500 of Maxx battery life gives you 15 hours and 50 minutes on a charge. This remains the longest time I’ve ever seen, but right in line with previous Maxx devices.

find the same characteristics of voice commands that do not require your hands well and Quick Capture Active Display. I love that Verizon has enabled an update to Android 4.4 for the Droid Maxx KitKat soon. Still, I have almost the same trouble on the Moto Maxx X. Although it is clear that Google and Motorola Droid optimized much Max (and all cell phones, 2013) to work smoothly and I would feel much safer if I know a Snapdragon processor 800 supports me. I’m sorry, but the X8 does not it for me.

Motorola_Droid_Maxx_Verizon_Celular you can not win the big battery Droid Maxx . Credit: Sarah Tew / CNET

take note or not to note

On the other side of the size spectrum is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Despite my large hands as soon touched the device, it became clear that the Note three triumphs in the area of ??design tabléfono: it feels more like a small notebook as a mobile phone giant. Samsung reduced the size of the device while simultaneously increased the screen size (compared to Note 2).

true … which screen has this machine! With a Full HD resolution covering the 5.7-inch screen, the Note 3 simulates carry an HD TV in your pocket. It is an excellent mobile TV, with a screen that manages to be extremely bright, shows outstanding colors and is so sharp, it’s best to see to believe.

However, when faced with the physical reality of the pockets of the pants, Samsung’s efforts to disguise the true reality of Note 3 fail. During the time I had the device, I ran past him to use the Moto X, the Droid or Nexus Max 5 as they have a more reasonable size. Another aspect that I find irritating about the Note 3 is the amount of unnecessary software that Samsung standing about Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (sorry, folks, no KitKat for the moment).

Moreover, I love the powerful Snapdragon processor 800 from Galaxy Note 3 generous memory and excellent camera of 13 megapixels. There’s a reason so this is the best tablĂ©fono world.

Samsung_Galaxy_Note_3_Comparacion Although it looks and feels great, no way to avoid oversized Galaxy Note 3. Credit: Sarah Tew / CNET

A screen that kills any illusion

no doubt that the Sony Xperia Z1S stands on other Android devices. Like other Sony Xperia cell phones, the Z1S is waterproof to a depth of about 13.7 meters (45 feet) for up to 30 minutes. This sleek device is covered with glass, but make sure your hands are clean because Z1S absorbs all your fingerprints like a sponge.

The most serious flaw in the design of Xperia Z1S is the LCD screen. Sure, the 5-inch screen features Full HD resolution, but it is much harder to see from different angles than the competition. You might think that this is not a big deal, but I assure you it is a real hassle. For example, failing to read the Z1S even when at my desk next to the keyboard, it became annoying quickly.

Sony Xperia Z1S

runs Android 4.3 Jelly Bean which is already a disappointment, but also runs Sony’s custom interface is not as clean as the original Android. Also, while the Snapdragon processor 800 provides very good performance, this power is not reflected in the camera. The picture quality is beautiful but it takes time between each shot.

So the Xperia

Z1S, unlike the Xperia Z1 Compact, which is not sold in the U.S., you leave behind the competition.

Sony Xperia Z1S The Sony Xperia Z1S is stylish, water-resistant, but disappointed screen Credit: Brian Bennett / CNET

All this brings me back to my beloved Nexus 5. It is true that in a hurry to conquer. At first glance, I thought the Nexus 5 was pretty simple. However, once I took the device, I caught her elegant presence, but minimalist.

Surprisingly, the black color scheme (also available in white and red), which at first I found it boring, took a totally different dimension when I had it in my hands. The body of the Nexus 5 may be plastic, but is satisfyingly dense and feels as well built as its rivals. In addition, cell phone soft surfaces help you stay properly in the palm of my hand.

LG, the phone manufacturer, equips the Nexus 5 with a crisp 5-inch (Full HD) resolution of 1,920 x1, 080. Not as bright as the HTC One and certainly not as flashy as the OLED screen Galaxy Note 3. That said, I found that daily use screen Nexus 5 is appropriate. With its configured maximum brightness, the screen pumped a lot of lumens to read easily in bright sunlight. Furthermore, the device may be placed in cabinets, desk or other stations which vary viewing angle to enjoy video or read without problem.

Google-nexus-5 The Nexus 5 sugilosamente captured my heart . Credit: Josh Miller / CNET

However, the software is the real mermaid Nexus 5. The phone comes out with the latest version of Android and Google’s promise to provide timely updates. The Nexus 5 answers correctly and has a clean, modern interface. I also liked how it integrates advanced Google search Now with notifications in the user interface. And with a 800 Snapdragon processor as the center of power, the Nexus 5 should have enough power to endure for a while to Android updates.

Similarly, despite the complaints I’ve heard, the 8 megapixel camera Nexus 5 does its job satisfactorily taking photos and basic video. I know you can not compare with the iPhone 5S camera, the Nokia Lumia 1020 or Galaxy Note 3, but honestly I can live with that, given the positive aspects of the device.

is why for a life without cellular contract without software unnecessary, am a fan until the end of Nexus 5. Of course if it something more impressive, I have to change my bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment